Sunday, December 7, 2008

I'm not a nerd, shut up!

I'm going book shopping after this semester project is done! I need to indulge myself with a good read.. gah, I miss reading and writing. Chapter 22 is not even drafted yet ..

My genre of books are of course chic lit and romances. I dunno why but since I was 12, I was already leaning to these genres. I'm the kind of girl who believes in romance... from Danielle Steel to Jane Green and The little black dress collection.

Not only that, I am also the kind of girl who likes to explore my roots. That is why my previous projects had been heavily influenced by this :- like my story of four dragons flash last year. Seems like I'm also a nature thinking person, whenever any idea needs to be done to reach out to the media, the first thought are the animals and such

Back to the oriental interest, that is why I have a few AsiaPac book telling me stories about how the chinese festivals come about, chinese names etc etc and I'm willing to add another one of this genre into my collection.



" Don't sit on this book" by Philip Cheong

It's a full book about chinese taboos and of course, the title of the book attracted me to it.

I also discover that I am pretty much interested in self help book, particularly those girl power or boy girl stuff


"What makes women happy" by Fay Weldon

I think because of my interest of getting deep into the characters of what I am writing, I tend to like to 'study' further into the subject...

and of course, the ever famous book

"Why Mars and Venus collide" by John Gray

I'm so going to book shop next month, after this project is done!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heya

since you love chic Lit, check out this debut novel, its laugh out loud funny and very sassy!

www.eloquentbooks.com/thelist.html

enjoy x

Misatori said...

Hrm. Looks interesting. "Don't sit on this book". Lol. =3